Thursday, April 19, 2012

Is it Sexy to Bang your Head Against the Keyboard?

Go ahead and hate your neighbor,
Go ahead and cheat a friend.
Do it in the name of Heaven,
You can justify it in the end.
   ~Lambert/Potter

  Anytime you teach your children to hate a group of people based on their color, their dialect, their sexuality or their religion, you become a card carrying member of Bigots for Jesus. Do you need a membership card?

Jesus was born in the Middle East. He spoke Hebrew, Aramaic, and probably Greek...but I bet Jesus spoke Latin too. He seems the type that would know a little bit. English was not his second language. He didn't know America even existed.

The Bible says something about loving your neighbor...but you need to love your neighbor as G-d loves you. This means you cannot pick and choose which verses of the Bible you use to attack people. It means simply that you DON'T attack people. You have no power in G-d to say, "I love you, but....." I love you, but you may not have basic human rights of water, food, health care, love, marriage, childhood....I love you, but I am better than you. G-d loves me more and you will only burn in hell; therefore I don't have to care for you. I can love you, but from a distance.

If you grow up in my house or you expect to ever break bread with me then be prepared. I will tolerate the "I don't like that behavior" attitude. I will not tolerate the "They are a separate race" attitude. I will not tolerate the "I sin, but their sin is worse than mine." attitude.

PICK UP THE STONE.THROW IT AT YOUR HEAD. Now you know how people feel when they spend time with  you.

I spent years alienating beautiful, smart, funny, loving people because I hated abortion. I hated witches. (In fairness, I never hated gays because we never had anybody come out of the closet here and so, I didn't know I was supposed to hate them too.) I hated the tree-hugging liberals. I had no heart to love anybody the way Jesus called me to because I was so hung up on trying to be virtuous and righteous and preach to people about how they lived a sinful life. I was a horrible person...but G-d loved me the most.
 
The Bible also says the world is flat and that you may stone people and that you shouldn't wear polyester. I tell you...that is the truth. Polyester sucks..and smells bad.  If you are going to do what the Bible says ...then you have to do the WHOLE thing. Not just the verses that make you feel like you are good and are going to get rewards in heaven.

A good Christian will drive someone out of church faster than a bad atheist.

......it's your choice. You have free will. You can be a member of Bigots for Jesus or you can hang out with us tree-hugging, gay parading, Blair Witch loving liberals. Or maybe you can just be somebody who loves their Lord, does good for good's sake and loves us all....is it really a hard decision?

No comments:

Post a Comment