Friday, December 16, 2011

Trying to Keep up With You

    I only learn because I am willing to listen. I only listen because I have concluded that I need to learn. Today I have reasoned that I walk among great intellectuals who are  willing to shatter my illusions and give me truth, not happiness, not complacence but real truth. Fairy tales are lovely, opinions are many, but truth found rolled in evidence is the clear winner in my life.  Truth may not ever bring us joy but it will always bring us right round to peace.
    Here's  to anyone who has ever tossed vanity aside and said, give me peace. Here's to those who proclaim that living a lie isn't propelling them.  Here's to those who take their pain in large doses today so that tomorrow they can say, "I now know the truth and can move forward." 
    I wish you peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment