Saturday, September 3, 2011

I can probably fix your computer too.

So, Jonas is sick. Sick, like, I have a headache and need to throw up sick. I am overwhelmed. But not in a bad way. I am the only thing close to an adult in the house tonight and although that has its privileges (Paul Bettany movie marathon til 3.00a.m.) I have no one to blame when the house gets too hot, or the dogs bark, or the kids get sick. I like scapegoats. I do not have one right now. If anyone is available, please leave me your number.
     I also would like some tea, but I refuse to touch ice.  Ice freaks me out.

    So the boys left for Atlanta on Thursday morning and so far I have been managing.  everybody wants to know what is in Atlanta that some of us go to each year. It is Dragoncon. Sci-Fi crazy, let's dress up like stormtroopers and get everything we owned signed by  Tom Felton:  Dragoncon.
   The kids went to school on Thursday and I remembered to pick them up: Point for Mama Shey. I fed them...see I am on a roll! On Thursday night we were honored to be invited to the Newton Playhouse to see The Wizard of Oz. If you live in or around Newton and you don't go see this....why? 
    I made it through Friday, although I realized I really wasn't doing too much. I did visit with my aunt and uncle and then I went and bothered my Yoda for a few hours. We tried to play board games, but we talk waaaay too much to ever finish anything. We could never work together. She is super smart and I like to hear her talk. She is also very patient and shops at the Mexican bakery. I might love her.
     On Saturday...I guess that's today, I took the kids to the bowling alley. I do not know why my children bowl. I  find the bowling alley only slightly less germ infested than the roller skating rink. Nerds bowl. Are we really that family?  I signed everyone up for bowling except our fearless nerd leader who is a band geek and has his calender filled for the next two months. The baby is even bowling. (Do cheerleaders bowl?)
   So, Labert answered the phone today with a resounding:" Wait, can I call you back? I'm talking to Wil Wheaton."  AS IF!  My only reply was, "No, I would like to hear the sound of his voice."  The next word I heard was "Hey!" .......Maybe I can make this nerd fest of a marriage work after all.   

No comments:

Post a Comment